Pace RC36 Pro Class 97 info required.

tkboyle

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi,

Right I don't know much about these forks and have no idea what the lever does on top of the fork. It seems to have very little movement and can't for the life of me understand what it's supposed to do.

Any help as I'm confused as hell.

Its supposed to control the damping-how fast the fork returns after a compression

The Pace website seems to be down right now so I can not check if they still have instructions for this fork on there.

I have the operating manual for RC36 EVO II forks (early 1999 version) which are similar but not identical to yours. If you can not find the exact manual for the first gen RC36 let me know and I will scan the manual for you.

kerryn":1jgcqmic said:
The Pace website seems to be down right now so I can not check if they still have instructions for this fork on there.

I have the operating manual for RC36 EVO II forks (early 1999 version) which are similar but not identical to yours. If you can not find the exact manual for the first gen RC36 let me know and I will scan the manual for you.

Many thanks.

I stripped down the stanchions and got access to the springs and removed the lever on the top to clean out all the crud.

By mistake I tipped the fork upside down and some fluid came out which I now believe to be fork oil.

What I'm not sure is how much oil is or should be in there and would really need to replace that. The damping works so I know it's OK.

Don't want to take apart anything else other than the easily serviceable items.

anyone know what grade oil should be put it and quantity?

As with any pace fork question, Justbackdated should be your first port of call.

The damper on the RC36 EVO II damper uses 10wt shock oil. I think the damper on the first gen RC36 is the same. In the manual Pace states that you can use between 5wt and 15wt oil to tailor the damping to you liking (<10wt gives less damping, >10wt more).

I thought my damping was a bit stiff so I got 7wt for my forks but that was before I realized my oil had tuned to sludge :oops: 10wt is probably what you need to get it to stock settings.

Back