Looking for neon orange coloured bits

damian

Dirt Disciple
I'm slowly collecting the necessary bits to assemble my 1990 Marin Pine Mountain in Neon Orange and Gray Zolatone but I'm struggling to find some little accent details such as neon orange cables, pedals, tyres etc

It was tempting to re-creating the 1990-era look but I fancied brightening the bike up a bit from the forks back to give it some 'balance'.

Any suggestions or what components to look for?

iirc it was the forks,stem and bar only that were neon orange? I'd stick to that.

Otherwise (personal taste aside), you'll jut find tat in that colour. cables and elite cages are about the only things that spring to mind

There's some orange 26 x 2.1 tyres on the bay at the minute.
Not convinced of the quality for that price, and you might get tyre clearance issues with a retro frame though.

Crell":211ouo8p said:
iirc it was the forks,stem and bar only that were neon orange?

That's right.

Crell":211ouo8p said:
Otherwise (personal taste aside), you'll jut find tat in that colour. cables and elite cages are about the only things that spring to mind

That's what I'm finding :(

The 1992 Pine Mountain came with the option of a bright orange front end or rear end, but not the two together. I reckon it could work on your 1990 though.

Attachments

• 1992-Marin-Pine-Mountain.jpg
    1992-Marin-Pine-Mountain.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 650
I think I have some neon orange brake cable outer in the garage which has been there for years and will probably crack if you try to bend it to shape.

PM me your address and I'll send it to you, it might be ok.

Back