Specialized clipless pedals with Titanium axle

kerryn

Devout Dirtbag
I have a pair of Specialized clipless pedals with a titanium axle from the mid/late 90's. However I can not remember what they were called (Specialized Pro Ti?) and I can not find any trace online that they even existed.

From what I remember the were not terribly good pedals which probably explains why they disappeared into the black hole of oblivion :LOL: Seem to remember that they had their own cleats but were also compatible with Spuds.

Anyway, one still has tight bearings the other a loose axle. I was thinking of taking them apart to see if they were worth savaging.

Anyone have any more information on these pedals and how to strip them down?

I'll post photos in the next couple of days to confirm the type of pedal...

Specialized pedals

Hi mate
I have a couple of Specialized tech manuals/dealer cats, I will have a browse and get back to you later.

Jamie

Pedals

Hi Kerryn
Found them.. (I think)
They are ' new for 99' Team Pedal
Main pionts:
One spring entry, two spring release
4 degree float
sealed bearings
Titanium nitride coated Ti spindles
Only 310 grams

There you have it, theres a bit more blurb but thats the main pionts. I can scan the page if you want.
It also says they put the nitride coating on it so it will last forever :roll:
Post a pic to see if it is definately the same but basically the standard is black and the team is anthracite. They were the top of the range specialized pedal and wouldnt have been cheap.

Jamie

Hope this helps

You're right, they were expensive back in the day...

I thought I had the pedals since before '99, but I really can't remember so perhaps not!. I was riding them hard until I started to get too much play in the pedal. Then a friend gave me a pair of Times and I have never looked back. In fact, I just got a new set of Time XS Carbons for the rebuild of my Boulder.

Anyway here are the pedals, btw mine weight 316g.

I doubt I'll ever use these again. Might be up for sale for if someone might want to buy them. Otherwise, I'll keep them for posterity and a little bit of cycling history....

Attachments

• Specialized Pedals Complete.jpg
    Specialized Pedals Complete.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,212
  • Specialized Pedals Stripped.jpg
    Specialized Pedals Stripped.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,212
  • Specialized - bearing.jpg
    Specialized - bearing.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,212
Back