just grabbed some new toys! check my weird hubs.

lawwill6

Dirt Disciple
aint been on here for ages but thought it would be the place to get some info on these wheels. i got them thrown in with a bike i bought and i've never heard of pulstar hubs they must be before my time.

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

so what are they? where are they from? any idea what year?

and for my next toy;
my dad just decided he's finished with this

IMG_1163.jpg

1997 trek y22. not sure what to do with it. i don't really have room for another bike and i don't have the XC parts to build it with. might just sell it on! or hang it on a wall somewhere, it's one of the best looking frames ever in my opinion.

I remember Pulstar hubs, so that'll put them some time in the early - mid '90's I reckon... I seem to remember a particularly pretty purple set that I lusted after for many a long while. Can't tell you much more than that though...

ow pulstar hubs dt would have made the spokes as dt did a pulstar range came on bikes like the park pre there where two types the high end american made ones with sealed cartridge bearings and the cheaper oe cup and cone ones from thaiwan your front hub looks like the high end one but the rear looks like the thai cup cone one still a good hub and classy looking wheelset ;) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

wow thanks for the info. i started riding in 96 and i don't think i've ever seen any before so i assume they'd vanished by then.

I remember those hubs, IIRC they came as stock on the Mountain Cycle San Andreas full susser

Trek Y frames are really nice. I used to race a '96 Y22 bitd (the nude carbon colour). Later on I had a '99 YSL300, which was the last year Trek made them.

Great little XC bikes.

At one point I was going to try to annoy the maximum number of people with mine. As it's a URT you can single speed it. I was going to do that, fit discs and a Brooks saddle. It would annoy the ss crew as it was full sus and discs, and it would also annoy the people who like high tech bikes because of the ss and the Brooks saddle. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It never happened though as I had to sell it. Yet another bike that I wish I'd kept. :cry:

Early 90's on the hubs. Non-OEM Pulstars were very nice. OEMs were a bit of a compromise as I recall... The Mavic 230 rims are brittle though.

As for the Y bike...turn that thing into a guitar and be done with it. :roll: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back