My Cannondale and RC36's?

ape

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Evening, just another quick question, I've got a old cannondale m400, dunno how old it is but its a 1inch headset think its early 90's came with a stx groupset and headset is of the threaded variety and is running rigid forks. Anyway I was thinking of at some point sricking some pace forks on it I really like the ones with the gold/nitride stanchions think they are the rc36 correct me if I'm wrong. Is it gonna mess up my ride really bad, could I run quite a lot of sag so they dont turn it into a chopper or won't this be a problem anyway?. Was going to try and post a pic below but it would seem photobucket as gone on the blink for me.

stuck some old 80mm travel mz comps on mine and it's a nice bike for
doin a bit of exploring on especially in areas where you need a bit of
ground clearance its still very manuverable yet planted.
build it you've nowt to loose. :D

Sag schmag. Like Mikee said, just build it. Worst case scenario, it'll wallow a bit on climbs. You'll benefit from the raised B/B and the bike'll be more stable at speed.

Do the paces have pressed fit or bolted on staunchions? If they're bolted on you can run the fork with a minimum of clearance between the tyre and crown at full compression if you're really worried.

:D

Didn't STX appear around 1994?
The bike will be fine with 80mm forks. The Pace ones don't tend to be that tall for their travel anyway. Certainly not as tall as bombers

Cheers, I'll have to see about getting some at some point then now I knw they should be alright. Bet tis gonna be difficult finding some with a 1" steerer though. I'll just have to keep a look out when I've got some more cash.

so you've not got the stuff to build it

i'll give you 20 pounds for it shipped.

Hahahaaha I'm sure you would lol, no its running on rigids at the minute and is running just wanted to add some from suspension, so far its running cook bro's F cranks, hope titanium bracket, 9.0sl sram shifters and rear mech xtr front mech ringle cages u.s.e. seatpost and flite seat ooh and pace bars so far so £20 would be a bit on the cheap side hehe. Only kidding mate I'm taking it you thought I only had the frame so far. Need to get some decent forks and brakes for it and in th process of gettting wheels sorted. If I ever sell the fame though I'll let you know cheers, Pics below:

DSC00126.jpg
[/img]

Back