What glue to use for grips?

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Sorry for being so damned naive, I've always been a loyal Lock-on fanatic.... can someone recommend a decent glue for my regular grips please, I have absolutely no bloody idea?!

Many thanks,

Lee.

i know this sounds daft but does work very well...... HAIRSPRAY
Squirt some down the end of the grip and slide it on once it drys it does not move and is easier to remove if you need to change your bars ;) ;)

paul

A light application of cheap 'firm hold' hairspray works a treat. Just spray a thin layer into the grip and slide it on. Leave to dry overnight and it'll be good to go in the morning.
Plus you can remove them by spraying a little GT-85, WD-40 or even fresh hairspray underneath the grip, so you get to use them again.
I've been using hairspray on grips for years and I've never had one work loose.

If you want something more permanent then you can use Spaymount or Photomount. But it's expensive and you'll have to cut your grips off when removng them.

Hairspray works as (believe it or not) does GT85. Hairspray is a laugh if you have a hairstyle like mine (snooker ball), I always tell 'em I fancy a different style because I'm worth it.

Iwasgoodonce":25usiv6l said:
Hairspray works as (believe it or not) does GT85. Hairspray is a laugh if you have a hairstyle like mine (snooker ball), I always tell 'em I fancy a different style because I'm worth it.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Darn it, I should have remembered hairspray *bangs forehead*

Thanks for reminding me guys :)

Iwasgoodonce":2z0i7i8m said:
Hairspray works as (believe it or not) does GT85.........

I've always used GT85 and have never had problems with my grips slipping. I think it works because a chemical in the spray makes the surface of the rubber very tacky.

Well that's as good an explanation as any.... :LOL:

As above hairspray. Does sometime have a problem with matt finished bars though. Spray paint is another good one, as is rattle can clear lacquer.
Puncture outfit rubber solution is also good.
Give them a try and see what works best on your bars.

Mike.

:shock: glueing is news to me
I use gt85 to put them on and take them off
I thought that after the solvent evaporates the grip rubber stuck to the bar itself

Back