More favourite ads: Specialized Tyres

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
More in my random advertising series - here we have Nicol, Slate and Cunningham singing the virtues of Specialized 'tires' back in the Fall of 1987...

'Street sausage' indeed... :D

Mr K

Attachments

• FTF Fall 1987 Ground Control Fat Boy Road.jpg
    FTF Fall 1987 Ground Control Fat Boy Road.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 824
  • FTF Fall 1987 Specialized Ground Control S ad.jpg
    FTF Fall 1987 Specialized Ground Control S ad.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 824
  • FTF Fall 1987 Ground Control ad.jpg
    FTF Fall 1987 Ground Control ad.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 824
i remember when i got a pair of ground control on my white muddy fox courier, the most aggressive looking tyres i had ever seen. I really did think i could ride over anything. lol

My first Ground Controls came on a '93 M2. I picked the bike up from Buck's in Ipswich and took it to the BMX track across the way and quickly realised that, as good as the GC once was, modern tyres offered rather more in the way of grip. Took them off when I got home and have no idea what became of the things.

I still have some Ground Controls in the shed! :cool: Wicked tyre, sad there a bit too worn to use any more! Had the first set on my Raleigh Mustang! :eek: then had them on my Alpinestar - wish they still did them! :D

Still using them on my Scott, they were on a Stumpie I bought 2nd hand in '91 so must be getting on for 20 year old now.

Well matured and hard and wearing well!

Just like me! (only more hard :cry: )

This one is from '93

Until the Northwave Shoes ad's the late 90's this one of our Caz was one of my fave's... still is.

Smoldering hot...

Cheers,

Chaser. ;)

Attachments

• Caz.JPG
    Caz.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 692
The only Specialized I had was a 2.5'' ground control I think. Just too fat

Back