mystery panaracer

suburbanreuben

Old School Grand Master
Back in the day......
Probably about 10-12 years ago, Panaracer produced a pair of tyres that were simply awesome, especially the front , and I can't put a name to them.
They were 1.95", very light with the first generaton Anti snake bite chamfer, and pink fabric round the bead. the front had long (1") arrows down the middle, interspersed with 2 little knobs. Side knobs were long hockey stick shaped affairs.
The rear had similar side knobs, but with oval centre knobs, and little oval transition knobs alternating either side .

They didn't stay on the market for long, probably cos the pnk fabric fell off and got tangled in everything.
What were they?

kaiser":3ijzze7v said:
Duster pro's? Very light too?
That's them!
Well done that man. If I remember rightly they were 520grams, which wasn't too bad back then . Directional stability of the front was superb, and they gripped like glue.
Anyone got any going spare?

Possibly Smoke and Dart, although don't remember them have red sidewalls, and thinking about it, they are about 17 years old now.

suburbanreuben":29xwaj52 said:
kaiser":29xwaj52 said:
Duster pro's? Very light too?
That's them!
Well done that man. If I remember rightly they were 520grams, which wasn't too bad back then . Directional stability of the front was superb, and they gripped like glue.
Anyone got any going spare?

I had a pair BITD, at a guess as to why the stopped them I think everything soon after went bigger and burlier also black sidewalls kinda took over too.

I had a a pair of Duster Pro's in about 1998. Good set of tyres as I recall. I saw a set on eBay a few weeks ago too.

my mate gave me a front one recently - haven't fitted it yet but it looks good :D

spa0588.jpg

Back