I've been busy modifying in my shed !

lawson

Retro Guru
Bought these a few weeks ago as a project. I remembered how much i liked them back in the day so thought i'd give these a revamp Year2000 style.

The shock was broken so i thought what can i do?
Noleen NR2 shock too expensive to repair or service!
No shock seals available!

Solution - Buy a solid block of billet aluminium, machine it, file it & cut it!
Purchase a fox shock and modify away !

Here are the results

DSC00755.jpg

DSC00757.jpg

DSC00759.jpg

What do you think?

Im pleased but alas these are not any good for my bike as its corrected for a 100mm fork. Shame really, should have worked it out before.

Mike

what do i think

I LOVE IT!

:D

i love those x-links

and your set is by far the best set of x-links out there :!:

amazing job, i cant wait to 1. hear how it rides and 2 see a pic of it mounted on something

(i may be a slight x-link nut lol, i never ride telescopic ;) )

Nice going, I'd love to have the kit to machine bits and bobs like that

I used the earlier Vectors for a couple of years and I really liked them. They do take a bit of pivot maintenance though to keep them going smooth and tight.

Enjoy!!

Looks good and well done on making it
Necessity is indeed the mother of invention :D

Do you have any pics of the part itself [off the fork] so we can get a better view

Top effort, but i'd be concerned by the phillips head bolt you've used to secure it. Something high tensile is the order of the day there, if just for the sake of your teeth.

True classic

See now thats the true sprit of vintage MTB. If you can't buy it , make it from scratch with metal and your hands. Think early Ritchey, Fisher, Bontrager and all those cool cottage manufacturers.
Now your fork has gone from useless to a custom one of.
Way to go

I've put these in the for sale forum and also the ebay forum if anybody is interested.

Would rather they stayed within the retrobike community though.

Thanks for the kind comments guys, Mike

Latest posts

Back