1996 3D Zerox full suspension

FirstFlight

Senior Retro Guru
Not the best fs design I have seen but fare from the worst as well. Serial number is "BOB", wonder who that is? Probably should have a Judy SL up front to match the rear but we didn't have one here. Any ideas on who made the cranks?

ZeroxSide.jpg

ZeroxCrank.jpg

ZeroxLink.jpg

ZeroxDecal.jpg

More details @ http://mombat.org/1996_3D_Zerox.htm

Wow.

That thing has a nice, uh....
hmm...

Derailleur? :p

You're one log away from a hardtail with funny geometry, what with that shock location! :LOL:

Cranks...maybe LP?

There was actually a Rock Shox rear shock on it when we got it and it had a remote reservoir sticking down even further! That was even scarier.

FirstFlight":1p8rzi37 said:
There was actually a Rock Shox rear shock on it when we got it and it had a remote reservoir sticking down even further! That was even scarier.

:shock: yikes!

Frame

That has to be the most stupid design for a fs frame I have ever seen! It's so obvious that the rocker bar should be shorter, at the shock end and the shock mounted inboard along the downtube.
The amount of cack thrown up at the shock and bushings will soon have it on its last gasp.

The amount of cack thrown up at the shock and bushings will soon have it on its last gasp.

over here yes, but 'hand built in Durango' means its probably more at risk from sand...

I quite like it, fork and saddle are wrong though.

I think I have a kind of weak spot for 3D's. It is no different with this one. Maybe poor functioning, but for sure impressive looking linkage concept. Like the colours.

theboy":2v7d14bl said:
I quite like it, fork and saddle are wrong though.

The fork is the same model as shown in the press release and is from 1996. The seat commemorates the 1996 Olympics so it is late 1996/early 1997 so it is right in the ball park.

Back