Locking a NEON bike??

Bring a Lock...?

• Sure, this is Holland for Ch#@t sake!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nop, No one wants to be seen on this NEON hack

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

yo-eddy

Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I'll be on a four day schooltrip to Texel (Dutch Wadden Island) with the school I work for, we'll travel on bikes :D 35 kids and 3 guides.
I'll be taking my Raleigh Moonshine NEON bike and was pretty sure I should not have to bring a lock cause I can't imaging anyone nicking this bike.....:roll:
what are your thoughts, to lock or not to lock?
ps the Bike will stand outside at night and during excursions

Attachments

• P1010687.jpg
    P1010687.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,117
If someone does nick it you could probably track it with sattelite :LOL:

sniperworks":1qtu1ieu said:
Some people nick, because it can de nicked. The don't need it, but it can be nicked.

Exactly! I always make it a policy to lock my bike if I leave it anywhere unattended.

That said I've still had bikes nicked even when they've been locked up with 2 D locks! :shock:

The only bike I ever had nicked(I live in the country and not much like that happens) was one of the scruffiest bmx's I had. Nicked purely because it could be most probably :roll:

Personally I would just lock it to be on the safe side.

you should be ok...the glare from that pink paint is enough of a deterant already....anyone who comes near without eye protection will need to go to the hospital with retinal damage :D

only kidding...always lock it up...

Just to ad some more info, I tend to trust people, often send stuff before payment on here, seldomly lock my car (think I don't even have the keys to lock all my doors :roll: ), leave my house open most of the day...... to be short, I'm stupid or lucky (or pushing my luck now :D ) but I just want to give this a try. I'll keep you guys informed how it will end..... and if this bike shows up on Evilbay this week... drop me a line :LOL:

yeah, I would lock it, some of my more "special" friends

will steal something just because they can.

so I would recomend locking it; for sure.

Leave it unlocked round here and would be gone in 5 minutes - won't realise that the colours are a little garish, just think "wow, that was good stuff...."

Back