Cool MTB related products - Orange content

chaser

Senior Retro Guru
I thought I would share a cool MTB related mobile phone with you......

When I was at Siemens we planned to sponsor Orange [2002/3] I even had some special Limited Edition phones planned - only 5 of them were ever assembled.

It was based on the Siemens ME45 ruggedised 'IP54' product which was water, dust and shock protected - perfect for mountain biking.

We called it the MX45 and made an 'Orange Clockwork' case and added an Orange logo to the screen.

Two of the phones were presented to Lester Noble and Michael Bonney, from Orange, I still have this one and the other two went for product validation... never to be seen again!

It was a shame that Siemens Germany got involved and decided that they should go with Cannondale. We never got to put the phones into production.

We also made a Bikeometer [turns your mobile phone into a bike computer] as well... that is another story.

Does anyone have any other items of interest?

Cheers,

Chaser.

;)

Attachments

• Orange phone.JPG
    Orange phone.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 844
Thats pretty cool, always fancied the siemens as a rough and tough phone. pity you can't get anything like it these days

I think I might still have a couple Kaiser... pretty old tech now though , like the bikes eh....?

:LOL:

Cheers,

Chaser

how about this....

:cool:

Campagnolo corkscrew.

Cheers,

Chaser

Attachments

• corkscrew.jpg
    corkscrew.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 814
Ah the good old ME45, aka the cool phone Matt Damon used in a couple of the Bourne films, i've still got the one you gave me, 1,000 times better than the 65, i loved using it, must sort out getting it unlocked again :)

LOL Sprokitt...

ME45 better than M65... you really are in the retro spirit, newer does not always mean better eh?

Same as young is not necessarily better than old... except it is :?

Chaser ;)

kaiser":22gcdxkw said:
Thats pretty cool, always fancied the siemens as a rough and tough phone. pity you can't get anything like it these days
Nokia 5410i, splash proof & shock proof.

I have regularly launched mine down hallways, just to see folks faces when I do it :LOL:

I swear you could hammer nails in with a 5410i & it would still work perfectly

You can get them here: http://www.nokia5140i.co.uk/store/index ... roductId=2 (never used that site, bought mine 3 years ago from Carphone Warehouse)

JCB do a rough tough phone for builders.

One of our plumbers at work has one, threw it against the wall and then kicked it in my office to prove how good it is. Still worked when I rang him :LOL:

Back