What Saracens ?

silverclaws

Senior Retro Guru
Ever since I saw one back in the day when I searched my first mountain bike at Halfords, I have wanted one, there is just something about that first love that still lingers and I just need to know what I am searching for. A complete bike would be the ideal, but frame and forks maybe. At some point I will get one, but what I would like to know is what I am searching for.

That bike I first saw with a price tag far beyond my means was a Saracen, but with an e-stay frame and magura hydro stop brakes, what was it's name?

But for some reason I have a liking for Saracens despite what others think and the e-stay is something that fits my bill towards what I call a frame for British conditions, the frame is part of the way towards my ideal bike, but what were the early Saracen e-stays called, what models were they so I can keep an eye out ?

I know Alpinestars did an e-stay, there is one locally, but I want a Saracen.

silverclaws":3b7hhkjo said:
That bike I first saw with a price tag far beyond my means was a Saracen, but with an e-stay frame and magura hydro stop brakes, what was it's name?

There were three:

Traverse Hydrotech Competition
Kili-Flyer
Conquest

All came out in 1991...the Kili was the only one that survived beyond that year. Traverse was Tange MTB, Kili-Flyer might have been Prestige, might have been 7005 (my memory struggles) and the Conquest was deffo 7005.

I have a Traverse Hydrotech sitting next to my desk right now, paid £699 for it back in 1991.

I have a kili flyer for sale........pm me if interested.

Back