KHS frame knowledge??

baj

Senior Retro Guru
I bought a cheap KHS frame off eBay recently and wondered if anyone on here knows anything about the models and how to tell what mine might be?!

its fairly light at just over 4lb, looks as though it was dark blue, says '7005 Light Concept tubing' or something similar. It seems to have a canti thing at the top of the seat stays which made me think it might be a bit older.. been on Bikepedia but no joy there..

I will take some photos and post them on here.. in the meantime have a look at the cr4ppy eBay photos...

KHSframe.jpg

khsht.jpg

more cr4ppy photos added 8.5.09...

Image008.jpg

says 'Light Concept / 7005 Aluminium Alloy Seamless / Designed in USA'

Image007.jpg

Work in progress....

I'd tend to agree with Lewis in the later 90's category as even up to 95 the Montana's in particular were still steel framed with a 1" headset.

cheers folks

it seems to be a 1996 or 2006 made in 'U'.. not sure of the model though, guess its an 'Alite' or somekind!

would go for 2006 as the Alite is a fairly recent model ,if memory serves ? although the alzheimers does play tricks these days ;) ps the u will be somewhere in taiwan . probably!

the guy i bought it off seemed to think it wasn't very old and had cost around £950 as a complete bike but with the canti boss on the seat-stays I thought it might be more likely the 1996?

whatever it is its light, straight and doesn't seem to have had a hard life so with a lick of paint and cheap/tidy build should serve the missus fine and dandy !

I'll post a pic when completed...

cheers for your thoughts folks :D

Latest posts

Back