Bike storage / Loans

JeRkY

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
OK, right, I am meant to be moving into the middle of London mid summer. I currently have a large appartment in a country town in oxfordshire which has been superb in allowing me to expand my bike collection.

However with the impending move it is looking asthough I am not going to be able to afford the same amount of space for such luxuries in the city.

One option I have been fighting with is to sell some of the collection, the second option was to build my parents a new shed and store them all up in Yorkshire.

Remaining option is to put them into storage, but that will cost poop loads per year.

So the thought came to me to possibly loan out some of the fleet to fellow retrobikers to love and look after for me whilst im not able to keep the full collection at home. But I am not sure others will have the same particular love for each of my bikes. Bikes tend to be a very personal thing, especially retrobikes where they meant something to you in your youth and you have built them up from hand picked self-reasoned componants.

Hmm not sure where I am going with this...

And there ends a thursday morning brain fart.

YOUR BRAIN FART STINKS..... SEE A DOCTOR :D

I would do the storage in yorkshire.

That way you know where they are and what condition they would be in.
Also you never know how long you'll be in the big smoke.

How many are you looking at Rob? And what sort of time?

If you wanted to flat pack them into Boxes or even just run some bubble wrap round them you are more than welcome to store them in the top of my garage? I often put "projects" up there ... They dont get touched, moved, even looked at so zero chance of damage?

An idea or option to get you out of the sticky crap for now :?

hehe odly enough I havnt seen the epic for weeks, its been sat in a mates garage in Oxford since my forest of dean trip from which I was med-evac'd to a&e after taking a spill on a jump. (bikes fine, I wasnt so good :( )

I really should go collect it!

JeRkY":wiw277dw said:
hehe odly enough I havnt seen the epic for weeks, its been sat in a mates garage in Oxford since my forest of dean trip from which I was med-evac'd to a&e after taking a spill on a jump. (bikes fine, I wasnt so good :( )

I really should go collect it!

I d be happy to rent the Epic too , with an option to purchase if it is my size .

No Trimble so I'll pass :roll:

I'd think twice loaning them out. If I were you keep them 'in the family'

Selling :shock: no way

I've got room to store 2 bikes (maybe more if I partially dismantle them) in our cellar (along with the rest of my bikes) - wouldn't cost you anything, they're secure and I wouldn't use them. Also got plenty of attic space for partially dismantles bikes. I'm in Derby. Any use?

I have a similar dilemma.
I can only ride one bike, and at the boat there's only room to keep one. I will have to limit myself to no more than 3, the rest will have to go. That's why I have such a big for sale thread (new things added tonight! : wink: )
I'd look after one of your bikes like it was my own, but the truth is I break my own bikes, or they might get nicked.

Back