For all you Specialized Experts..

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
Well the P20 is nearly done, and with the next project on the way. ;)

I want to track down a bike I had BITD, a Specialized 'Team' Stumpjumper, The colour I seem to recall was white and grey, I am sure it had XT components on it, must have been in the early 90's , seem to remember it was a prestige frameset, it had rigid forks too .. I know its not a lot to go on, but can anyone identify it ?

It would be even better know of anyone who has one for sale or could be persuaded to sell ;)

TIA

Thanks ... Wu that sounds like it, however I have just had a look at the specs of the grey/white one of that year and apparently it had 'browning' on and mine did'nt and also specs a 'u' brake on the rear, and I am sure mine had XT canti's fr and rear... ?

I had the stumpy comp in the early 90's that was white with XT groupo the team as i can recall ( i have slept since then !!!!) was black with top end suntour groupo

paul :LOL:

The team in 1991 :

main.php

fullsuntour xc groupset .

in 1990 , the top end was white with red decals and was xt equipped with a u brake .

in 1992 , no team either , the top end was pink with xt groupset .

i think they were 2 colours before 1990 .

Stumpy

In -late '91 I got a '91 Team Stumpjumper as my 2nd mtb (upgrading from a '88 Saracen Trekker) At the time we were in awe of this bike as it appeared a lot in MBUKs of the era , ridden by Sophie Brookes...

In '92 there was a lower spec Stumpy that was grey , and spec'd with DX & a 1st gen Rock Shox

But I think the model your thinking of could be the earlier '89-90 version: maybe as featured as a 'super bike' in a MBUK feature where Mike Newton (i tihink) rode it around Lanzarote i think someone is bound to have scanned that...

Sithlord":1utf01ce said:
Thanks ... Wu that sounds like it, however I have just had a look at the specs of the grey/white one of that year and apparently it had 'browning' on and mine did'nt and also specs a 'u' brake on the rear, and I am sure mine had XT canti's fr and rear... ?

that was mainly US spec. I had the same white/grey with pink & orange decals & that too had standard seatstay mounted cantis & standard XT f.mech for UK market
the same bike was featured in a US clothing advert, company called "switchbacks"

Scant wrote :

that was mainly US spec. I had the same white/grey with pink & orange decals & that too had standard seatstay mounted cantis & standard XT f.mech for UK market
the same bike was featured in a US clothing advert, company called "switchbacks"

that sounds more like it fella, any idea where I can get anymore details from ?

Thanks guys for this.. :)

cchris2lou":prwutkb5 said:
in 1990 , the top end was white with red decals and was xt equipped with a u brake .

in 1992 , no team either , the top end was pink with xt groupset .

Few corrections:
In '90 (at least according to a German version of '90 catalog), the top end Stumpy was a Team in black with XC Pro groupset and cantis in the rear. Only the Epics had U-brakes under the chainstays.

In '92 the top end Stumpy was a Pro in seagreen/aquamarine with XC Pro MD groupset.

Back