White Industries wheel problem...

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
The White Industries Wheelset I have (which I was supposedly selling to SLIM) has a problem.

The rear hub seems to need a long spacer that allows it to clamp in between the drop outs - this is missing and I dont think I actually ever had it even though the ebay seller showed it in his pics on the auction- see pic...

Its the silver axle spacer thing that sits on the leftest part of the axle. Looks like its loose and not fixed so different ones can be used (?)

Dunno what happened to it but I suspect the seller forgot to pop it in the box when he took the qr's off.

Anyone know what Im on about? I know Gump was using a rear WI hub on his Buck. Do us a favour Gump and have a look to see what this part is?

If anyone else knows of this part I would appreciate any help!

Jez

Attachments

• 32_1.jpg
    32_1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 3,562
yep, know the bit.

It should be as your pic. That piece is loose, and to me is poo bit of design really.
Possibility it could have fallen off in transit, te one I have does not need much encouragement to come out. Without it you are doomed.....

Nice ebay buy btw, nearly bought those but forgot about them, but you got em so cool!!

let me know if you want pics or anything.

would be easy to make, simple cylinder. Will take pics and measurments next time I am in garage.

Try mailing WI direct. I needed some spares for an old hub years ago. They sent them out FOC in double quick time.

White industries wheel

Email lynette@whiteind.com

They sold me an axle end, thats what its called, for a similar hub for $5. You can order different axle ends to get the correct OLN dimension, eg 135mm.

They are very helpful.

Website www.whiteind.com has instructions and other details

Jez, got that rear hub as well, the part your missing is the axle spacer, and allows user to change from 130 to 135mm dropouts. I'm using a 135mm spacer but might have the 130 in parts bin, would that be of any use?
good luck alan.

Doug White is a longtime friend, and I have known his wife Lynette since college days.

In 1982 Gary Fisher and I rented an airplane, and Doug, who has a pilot's licence, flew us to Crested Butte for the annual ride. Because we left Aspen in the airplane, Gary and I were not on the chartered bus full of cyclists which drove off the road and rolled over several times.

This is not at all relevant to the thread, but I thought I would throw it in anyway.

Back