What year is my Cannondale??

leonatico

Dirt Disciple
I´ve got a Cannondale frame somewhere (not here with me at the moment) and I haven´t seen any other one like it. It´s a M600 Beast of the East with 1.5" full aluminium Pepperoni forks, Force 40 brake system. The original paint was blue, white and red (front, middle and back). It´s got the "long" rear dropouts and a 27.2 seat post. I know it´s exactly the same frame as the M800 Beast of the East that was painted in red but as I said I can´t find it anywhere.
I´ve checked the catalogue on the web but I can´t find it. I remember buying the bike in December but I´m not sure if it was 1993. Anyone out there that has had/seen one?
The frame is now stored somewhere at a friends bike shop, when they find it they´ll give me the serial number.

Saludos from Spain y gracias.

A friend of mine had a red white & blue beast, it was a warantee replacement when his one broke on the seat tube. This was about '91/'92.

Hope this helps.

ATB

John

leonatico":31c4fdr5 said:
I´ve got a Cannondale frame somewhere (not here with me at the moment) and I haven´t seen any other one like it. It´s a M600 Beast of the East with 1.5" full aluminium Pepperoni forks, Force 40 brake system. The original paint was blue, white and red (front, middle and back). It´s got the "long" rear dropouts and a 27.2 seat post. I know it´s exactly the same frame as the M800 Beast of the East that was painted in red but as I said I can´t find it anywhere.
I´ve checked the catalogue on the web but I can´t find it. I remember buying the bike in December but I´m not sure if it was 1993. Anyone out there that has had/seen one?
The frame is now stored somewhere at a friends bike shop, when they find it they´ll give me the serial number.

Saludos from Spain y gracias.

Bienvenido

I believe your cannondale, as you describe it, is a 1994. They came in a three tone paint scheme that year. The red, white and blue make me think it might be one made to celebrate the '96 atlantic olympics, but I wasn't able to find a m600 for that year.

Are you sure it's not an m800 with some of the decal rubbed off to look like m600 ;) just kidding

My best guess would be 1994, but check out this site with their many catalogs:
http://www.vintagecannondale.com/catalog.html

good luck and hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies, I painted mine after a few years of racing, maybe 2 or 3 years, and I painted it red with yellow decals, the same as the oficial volvo-cannondale that year, but I think they kept those colours for a few years. I think it might be 1991/92/93 but as I can´t find it in the catalouges maybe someone here had one and can remember the exact year, mine is 6 hours drive from here so it will stay there for a while :LOL: .

Back