Seat Post Pumps

Enid_Puceflange

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
So,

I had one b.i.t.d but i cant remember who it was made by, (oddysey rings a bell??)

Not seen one mentioned on here, has anyone still got or use one?

Pretty handy thing , saved carrying a pump and it was always with you, could never leave it behind unless you were a total twonk , or your seat got half-inched :LOL:

Gc

Zefal make several, and the best. I prefer these to little pumps, because they're cheap and they still work.
I have a cheap no-name one you can have for the price of postage.

Yeah,

Im pretty sure thats what it was called,
(Cant see the pics on mtbr (im not a member ))

LOL i never made it clear that i meant post & pump in one combo.

Dead smart, think i left mine fitted to my 'dale when i sold it (fitted it cos i snapped my u.s.e jumping roadworks :roll: )

Gc

Let's try a pic again!

5147_1.JPG

Hmmm - never seen these before - so this is a tyre pump located within / as part of the seat post :?:

It's all part of the seatpost! The downside was that it was f'ing hard to use when you actually had a saddle attached, added to which the pump bore was sooo small that it made mini-pumps look like track pumps. Great idea, but there is a reason why you don't see them anymore!

seat pump

Theres one fitted to my Dahon Cadenza I bought last year. and it works very well. Seat post is 27.2 and is pretty long. I don't know if these can be purchased seperately, but I presume so.

pete_mcc":2jkqato2 said:
It's all part of the seatpost! The downside was that it was f'ing hard to use when you actually had a saddle attached, added to which the pump bore was sooo small that it made mini-pumps look like track pumps. Great idea, but there is a reason why you don't see them anymore!

Long stroke and narrow bore as you say isn't ideal for a mtb tyre. Shame they didn't catch on in the high pressure world of the road bike. It would have been ideal.

Back