charity bike ride on the konas!!!

rakas17

Dirt Disciple
Just got back from camping in devon over the weekend to do a charity bike ride in honiton for the local air ambulance.

It was about 30 miles and stopped at 7 pubs, oh and it was fancy dress, theme being history.

I've been meaning to get some sort of old kona for my girlfriend to ride and with this ride coming up it gave me a kick up the arse to get one.

I picked up this 97 hahanna off ebay and i'm well happy with it, paid a bit over the odds but the condition is almost new apart from garage wear.

I've had the cindercone for a while now and stuck a friends worn in brooks b17 on it for the ride, i also knocked up a make do basket from a milk crate and stuck some hollowed (gotta keep the weight down) loaves in it. the seat was amazingly comfortable so i'm after a brooks swift to put on it now.

SDC10621.jpg

SDC10604.jpg

SDC10576.jpg

SDC10626.jpg

this was on the beach of sidmouth where the campsite was.

SDC10653.jpg

This was on the test ride for the hahanna after it arrived. my 95 cindercone, my 97 muni-mula, the misses' 97 hahanna and my mate's 96 kilauea.

SDC10509.jpg

hope you like the pics, thanks for looking, Joe

Whats with the bread? :shock:

Oh no ..wait ...with that hat, you're having a Hovis tribute :roll: tst tsk ,i should have known.

Marmite run,next week then ;)

The Cindercone looks brilliant ,you should give it a good polishing and enter it into one of the BOTM compos

96 Kilauea??? How very dare you?? Concept tubing, its more like a 95 and a half I reckon.

ps, those lighting brackets ruin the look of the bike for me. I only you could think of something more discreet.

Canny wiram.

Strike a pose, dude! Camping and some lovely old Konas - what more could you ask for? (Picture #2, probably!) ;)

Back