Leather care product for Flite

mk1Matt

Retro Guru
My early '90s Flite is starting to look a bit grey at the moment. Is there some kind of product I can use to get it looking tidy again? Some kind of leather restorer/treatment is what I'm after.

Was thinking about the stuff you use on black leather shoes, but am concerned about it rubbing off on my backside!

What products do you guys use?

I found a leather spray stuff in XS stock( don't know if these are everywhere?) anyroads worked ok. Had some shredding on mine used a wee bit of dubbing then the leather spray stuff. Gave a slightly shiney finish.

I use scuff-kote, the sort of stuff for kids shoes.
On my road bike I put some dubbin on a saddle I re-covered - seems fine.

A polish I got for leather shoes at the boat show one year ... can't remember what it's called as the name has rubbed off the pot, but it comes in a white pot and is clear-ish (looks a bit like vaseline to be honest!)

Works a treat

i just use shoe polish on mine as long as its buffed off well you wont get any black marks.

least i didnt get any with mine :p

Matt,

Jon's got some leather restorer stuff he used on his car seats, certainly worked well on them. Pop on round at some point and have a look.

Any quality leather conditioner will do, though I used to use boot polish on my old Saracen badged leather saddle. Just a word of warning though, watch silicon based restorers, they make the seat very slippy. I did it once then very soon after roughed it up with 00 grade wire wool, the slippyness was lethal.

Back