Ritchey 2 x 9 Help

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
Hi guys ,

After spending some time in the workshop today, again I cant work out how the individual ritchey 9th sprocket fits onto the 8spd freehub body :?

The rear hub is a ritchey WCS model, with a 8spd freehub body, I have managed to fit a standard 9spd cassette with no problem, however when I use a 8spd cassette and try and install the '9th' sprocket , all is well up until I try and fit the smallest sprocket (12t) and tighten the lockring, it seems that the 12t sprocket has not got enough to bite onto the freehub body ? almost like the freehub body is a few mm too small ?

What am I doing wrong.. any ideas ?

Do you have a spacer between the 9th sprocket and the cassette?

Al.

Hi fella,

If you mean the thin black shim that came with the kit, then no, as I assumed fitting this would cause the problem to be even worse, as it would space the cassette out towards the lockring even more.. ? can you help ?

Without taking my cassette off, i can't tell you if i have or not!!

Are you using the the lock ring provided?Are there any other spacers in the kit? ie to respace the outer sprocket inboard a smidgin!! i know i'm stating the bleedin'obvious! :roll:

If you haven't hed any luck by tomorrow give me a shout and i will have a word with the bloke that put mine together.

Al, do it myself, sheeesh!!

on some hubs there is spacer at the end of freehub body ( towards the wheel ) , have you got one ?

Al wrote :
Without taking my cassette off, i can't tell you if i have or not!!

Are you using the the lock ring provided?Are there any other spacers in the kit? ie to respace the outer sprocket inboard a smidgin!! i know i'm stating the bleedin'obvious!

If you haven't hed any luck by tomorrow give me a shout and i will have a word with the bloke that put mine together.

Hi Al,

I am using the lockring that came with the kit fella, the alloy ritchey one ;) , I have also tried others, but the lockring is not really the problem its the last sprocket the 12t, that does not seem to fit onto the freehub body enough ?

Chris wrote :

on some hubs there is spacer at the end of freehub body ( towards the wheel ) , have you got one ?

There is no spacer on the freehub body fella.. ? really stumped at the mo.....

(go on sell me your compacts ;) I'll swap you a nice set of standard logics plus cash ;) ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for the help guys... but really not sure what I am doing wrong if anything, searched the net for installation instructions as the kit did not come with any :evil: and still cant find any help ... ?

:? :? :cry: :)

Yea cranks are in good nick, I have just polished the driveside up, so its really nice..No logo though. do you fancy a trade on the driveside... ? come on fella... it would help me out lots, and noticed that you are running a triple setup, so you dont need the compact do ya... I'll throw in the ritchey rings too.. ;)

I would have said yes if yours had the logo . :?

and just bought a titanium ritchey axle .

Back