Marzocchi Bomber Spares/restoration

Dr.Robotnik

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys,

I have a pair of the original Marzzochi Bombers to restore and was wondering if you could help me with a few questions.

Where can I get a new top cap?
Where can I get decals?

...and finally I am looking for the RAL colour code, for Marzzocchi Bomber orange to tell my painter.

Please let me know if you can help.

Cheers

Ed

BUMP, any ideas?

RAL-Colour-chart.png

@Anthony, I have tried windwave, but I don't think they read my email properly because the answer was a bit odd. I am re-sending it though, as no joy yet

B3":r8krdiro said:

Thanks John, so the Orange is classed as a metallic then? I look forward to hearing from your painter.

BTW I checked that site for spares and only came up with post 2003 stuff, this fork is the 1997.

I like orange:

Orange Z1 Bomber originally on a 98 orange King Kikapu, now residing on an orange Custom Ku.

IMG_0537-1.jpg

Wow another Ku! Always like it when more turn up, would be tempted by one nearly as much as a Hot. Awesome colour on that frame. Yours from new?

Nope,
It's a long story but in 100 words or less:

Broke my 98 King Kikapu frame back in summer 2000. Kona didn't have a warranty replacement frame in stock so they offered me up a very reasonable deal on any 2001 bike I wanted. I was ok with that but the new bikes weren't coming out until that fall and I needed something to ride right away. Kona sent me this Used Custom Ku frame to tide me over until I got my 2001 Stinky Primo that fall. For the most part I was able to put all the old King Kikapu parts on the Custom Ku.

Let me clean it up and I will take some better photo's and post the longer version of the story later. Love this bike and tend to choose it over the Stinky Primo more and more for anything but the shortest of rides.
Cheers,
T

Hi Dr. I used to work for Windwave, they do still carry some spares for the Z1 including steerer/crowns, cartridges, and maybe the adjusters. Any parts can probably be ordered from Italy although would take a while.

The Z1 re-issue was traffic orange. I know because the re-issue Z1's on my bike needed powder coating as when peeling off the protective tape from new, the paint flaked off.

The original Z1 was a metalic colour. Maybe a body shop could colour match?

Best to call Windwave and speak to Dan as he knows all.

Hope that helps

Work for windwave eh!
I'd love to find the fellow that worked for them and left off the right hand circlip [the one under the adjuster cap]on my Z2 bams when they went in for a seal change.
By the time id noticed, it had impacted into the preload thread completely shagging any hope of the rebound being used.
Several words i'd like to convey to him,along the lines of tsk tsk ,how very unprofessional :x
That said ,i wouldnt have thought those kind of mistakes happen too often ,im just pee'd it happened to my bams :roll:

Back