So you know Magura, but do you know these...

I had a set of these back in the day, they were brought into the UK by the same people who sponsored the team I rode for with Shocktech forks (TMS Systems I think).
They had pretty cool looking braided hoses from what I recall.. The braces were made up from 3 sections with bolts at each junction so you could loosen them to get the original set up right. If I remember rightly one of these bolts had a knurled nut so it could be undone on the trail to allow the brace to be widened to get the wheel out.
From my experience of them I'd say they were an improvement on cantis but not as good as maguras.

Think someone was selling some here not too long ago. IIRC the problem might have been spare pads, but not 100% sure on this.

Yes. I have some very good photos somewhere and a review that compares them with Racelines. Magura received the better write up.

Thanks for the info :)

Benandemu":2wfkt0vl said:
Yes. I have some very good photos somewhere and a review that compares them with Racelines. Magura received the better write up.

so I've heard a few people say maguras were better, but I have not heard why...do you have a link to that article or a scan? Thanks

Try MBi 4 a review

Try MBi 4 a review..i
i seem to remember them being featured in their 'Tricknoplogy' section BITD!...

Found a pic of mine at the weekend, turns out the 2 adjustment bolts on the brace were actually separate to the knurled nut used to pop them apart for the quick release mechanism.

Attachments

• 19960331.07 Thetford Forest.jpg
    19960331.07 Thetford Forest.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,102
Back