Quick Q about Mag 21-ish pumps?

Hermit

Retro Guru
Hi all,

I have a pair of early Specialized forks that came on a bike that have the same top cap as I've seen on Mag 21's - think RS made the internals anyway - so what do I need to get air into them, I have a shock pump with the schraeder type fitting for other bikes and I think I need some sort of needle type thing, same as for pumping up footballs? ... can you buy these to put on the pump I have and where from, would you get them in places like sportsworld jjb or whatever or would my LBS have them?

Thanks

:D

You need a needdle type .

I have a damaged serynge if you want . the needle is fine , but the plastic casing of the serynge is a bit broken , so not sure it holds enough air .

I can a pic tomorrow if you want .

I recently sold mine to someone in Italy. The opening on the needle is on the end and not on the side like a basketball needle. Does it matter, I am not sure. ???

Thunderchild

Thanks for the replies guys,

I've been on the lookout on ebay for one of those pumps but haven't seen any?

cchris2lou, I might be able to use that one somehow so I've pm'd you, thanks.

Anyone know if the football/basketball type needle would fit on my shock pump, I really want to be able to know the pressure I'll be putting in as I don't want to blow the forks up - no pun intended ;)

football needles do not have the same size, they are to thick
I sanded one down in diameter to fit (the needle from my shock
pump was broken in my toolbox)

Back