Help my identify my GT

I doubt its a Zaskar with that curved TT cap? :?

Where was the serial number stamped? Is there a material stamp anywhere? 6061 or 7005 ?

Clifford":pjgydqrn said:
Hi there,

Looks like a Zaskar from the mid/late 90s.

Cliff
Would be nice!

But...some folks here mentioned that if de backend of the uppertube is not flat, it's not a Zaskar. Mine's not flat but slightly rounded....
:oops:

Anyone care to comment?

daj":28yin18s said:

Where was the serial number stamped? Is there a material stamp anywhere? 6061 or 7005 ?

Serial is under the BB

Material stamp is 7005.

greetings,
Sven

daj":2ma36m35 said:

Serial is under the BB

Material stemp is 7005.

greetings,
Sven

My guess would be 1997, based on the it being 7005 series alloy and from the drop-out design and the headtube gussets. It's also still got a guide for a rear cantilever brake, which GT started to phase out with the appearance of V-Brakes in the 1997 line-up. Some of the bikes lower down the range still had canti guides as late as the 1998 range though, probably due to a manufacturing surplus.
Possible models would be the Avalanche, Terramoto or Backwoods by my reckoning.
Also I think the k in the serial number means the frame was built in taiwan at the Kenesis factory. The other numbers mean nothing to me though.
Do you know if any of the parts are original...? This might help identify it based on original specs.

Back