Seatpost slippage nightmare - Sorted, thanks!

unocogero

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Old seatpost for Cindercone 27.0mm, never slipped but too short :cry:

New seatpost for Cindercone 27.0mm slips all the time :evil:

Maybe I need new clamp...bought new Hope clamp, snapped the bolt overtightening after post had continued to slip :oops:

Feels like the area where the seatpost has slipped has now become smoother than the rest of the post so it's slips more easily and each time it slips it gets smoother :!:

Any advice/solution for this problem :?:

hmm

id maybe think about scuffing the post with some 120grit

you got a vernier caliper ? maybe worth checking its the stated size in the first place , do that before going at it with the sandpaper , might have to have it changed :LOL:

perry":2up5cst9 said:
hmm

id maybe think about scuffing the post with some 120grit

you got a vernier caliper ? maybe worth checking its the stated size in the first place , do that before going at it with the sandpaper , might have to have it changed :LOL:

Damn you yet again Perry, for you wisdom and use of the word Vernier :LOL:

Perry...Orange71...is this the East Midlands thread?

Thanks for your advice...I'm not sure I have a 27.2mm around unless the Maxlight is that size.

its entirely possible that over the years the seattube has become a faction oversize and the new post could be a fraction under

give the tube a good clean out and regrease and see if that helps

get a digital caliper , i bought a cheap one and it was awful , i might as well just use my fingers held apart it was that badly made . i must remember to get a good one as i have a salsa clamp i need to ebay

edit -

ive probably got a crappy 27.2 lying around you could try . ive also got a carbon use but it might be too short

Back