Unfriendly trail riders!!!!!!!!!!!!

nporternz

Gold Trader
Marin Fan
Feedback
View
I was out riding yesterday and quite a nice trail through good old lord of the rings country!!

came round the bottom of a bend and there was a guy on the edge of the trail with his bike upside down checking the chain and mech on his bike. I stopped to help him straighten his mech and fix his chain and then carried on my way!!

On the next down section a bolt in my stem sheared and the bars droped out sending me over the top!!

I sat waiting for my mrs to catch up and help and then I saw the guy who I helped come cycling towards me.... cool i thought he might have a spare bolt or some tape or something.........

I was probably still thinking about this as he cycled straight past me and my obviously broken bike!!!!!!

thanks mate

nporternz":9x011eai said:
FST4RD":9x011eai said:
I believe in Karma for sure, especially out on the trail!

nothing a branch through the spokes wouldnt fix!!

:evil: too right. dish out your own 'karma' At least a F**K YOU as he went past.

Hope you weren't hurt after the breakage.

IME most cyclists are great. When I tour, I say hello to everyone who's riding a bike, and almost always I get a reply. And most people are really pleased to help if you get stuck.
But occasionally, you find the odd idiot. Ars*h*les to whoever won't stop to help, I say, he probably knows bugger all about bikes anyway. If I ever saw you with a broken bike I'd try to help, and I'm sure the rest of our retro bretheren would, too.
Incidentally, I may have a spare stem knocking about, yours for Karma of course. PM me if you're stuck. :cool:

I pass the same few blokes commuting the other way on the same path every day. Most of them give a nod, but one bloke refuses to acknowledge me - won't move left or right, ignores any "Mornin'" or nods... And I pass him twice a day in each direction. He is my commuting nemesis. He's not even a roadie :LOL:

I suppose, for the roadie, there is only "You and the competition". Nodding or giving way costs vital 100ths on the daily commute.

perhaps he isnt real.....he may be ball lightning trapped in swamp gas being refracted through the early morniing and evening light....... :cool:

If you see him again,dont forget to thank him for stopping to help like you did for him
Now look hard towards him with a pained and sad face and shake your head slowly, mumbling expletives
As he cycles away, take out your throwing knife and....What :shock: you dont carry a throwing knife :?

As more and more folk ride we have to accept that more jerks will also be taking to the trail. Same thing happened with skiing a decade back, idiots carving up the piste and causing hassle.

Back