PD M737 adjustemnt help

Easy_Rider

Retrobike Rider
OWMTBC Champ
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Feel a bit silly asking, but memory is hazy and i've looked all over...

Anyway, since I've got back into cycling and recently started using by spd's again i've notice my right knee has started hurting. My right heel needs to be further out on the pedal but i can't remember how to adjust it. I set the spuds and pooh bahs up back in 1994 :shock:

I can adjust the release, and the cleat has forward and side, but how do you adjust twist?

I've searched the forum n google can't find anything, plus i'm tired and need to adjust it tonight before the morning... :(

but how do you adjust twist?

you just do...I know that doesn't help much, but, loosen the cleats and twist them in the appropriate direction for how your feet fall (sit on a table, let your legs hang down and look at the angle your feet naturally want to point.....mine point slightly outwards so I set my cleats to be pointing slightly towards the big toe of the shoe)

when riding you want your feet to be as near the neutral point of the float as possible, it may take a bit of fiddling but you'll get there.

If you slacken off the cleat bolts enough you should be able to get some twisting movement in them. The washers are designed to give several degrees of lateral movement.
I find that sitting on a table and looking at how your feet dangle naturally is a good way of determining the angle at which you should set up your cleats.

Cool thanks chaps, i did think that's how I did it before, but read a couple of guides and it only shows forward/back and side to side on the cleats, and I didn't want to slacken the cleats unless i was sure.

cheers guys! might get to bed soon now.

Back