RC200 - What weight can it be built to ?

nthornton1979

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi fellas,

I've previously postd a thread in the 'Weenie Weight' section asking for the weights of a couple of frames but have had no joy.

I'm looking at at the Pace RC200 and there's one on auction running out today. As long as the weight is reasonable I'm not overly bothered but if it's a heavy beast then I'll look for something else.

Any comments however small much appreciated :D

Neil

Well Pace were never heavy bikes. So I'd say between 3.8lb and 4lb

nthornton1979":3ss22dkb said:
I've previously postd a thread in the 'Weenie Weight' section asking for the weights of a couple of frames but have had no joy.

So you thought two threads in Retro MTB Chat would get more hits? :p

Pace listed the RC200 F8 as 1.75kg (3lb12oz), no idea what size that was though.

i don't think they were ultra light frames, but they did feel bloody strong.

Seem to remember mine was about 3.8-4lbs ish. - F6. 16.5in frame.

so anywhere upwards of 4lb's for a build then, depending on what you can live without such as wheels, bars, gears etc. :D

In 1996, an F5 19" frame weighed 3.8lbs.

As Gus says, once you have that the completed weight depends entirely on how you build it, but it's certainly not the lightest frame around.

If you go modern kit then a complete bike should be 21-23lb as my Trimble frame weighs 5lb 12oz and it weighs 22lb complete :D

So you thought two threads in Retro MTB Chat would get more hits?

Not at all :)

I wasn't getting many views and had had no response.

With it running out today I thought I may get a response quicker on this section.

Thanks again for the replies :D

Neil

tintin40":2zlta0lj said:
If you go modern kit then a complete bike should be 21-23lb as my Trimble frame weighs 5lb 12oz and it weighs 22lb complete :D

crickey, thought they were lighter than that? Is it the rudder or the tiller that weighs it down?

;)

Back