Just won this clockwork - now what year is it???

nporternz

Gold Trader
Marin Fan
Feedback
View
Just won this clockwork for a steal (wont tell you how much!?!?!)

i like the look of the stem/bar combo - never seen one in the flesh so cant wait!!

i'm thinking 1992 or 1991 - anyone help

never seen a yellow one either!! maybe its just badly faded!

Attachments

• 91449475_full.jpg
    91449475_full.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,353
the serial number is usually a good way to tell- post that up and I'm sure I can work it out.

Nice looking bike- people on here would kill for the stalk :LOL:

clockworkgazz":pkgkr0x4 said:
the serial number is usually a good way to tell- post that up and I'm sure I can work it out.

Nice looking bike- people on here would kill for the stalk :LOL:

will do when i get it!! - hopefully its in decent shape - hoping the angle of the front wheel is cos its at an angle in the photo and its not bent!!

will have to see what shape the stalk is in!!

I don't know whether it is 91 or 92, or even earlier, but I think it's unusual (although not unique) for the Orange decal to be on the top tube. I have seen yellow ones, but I agree that is pretty yellow! I think there were lots of variations, so nothing to be concerned about.

clockworkgazz":17c1in6k said:
looks good to me, make sure you get those bar ends up abit higher :LOL:

yeah definitely!! ned to make sure the brakelevers are a bit flatter and get a matching rack for the front!!

That chain looks very tight for the middle ring, might need a new chain or you might bugger up the rear der. when you shift into the big ring.

Anthony":2cjm7znv said:
I don't know whether it is 91 or 92, or even earlier, but I think it's unusual (although not unique) for the Orange decal to be on the top tube. I have seen yellow ones, but I agree that is pretty yellow! I think there were lots of variations, so nothing to be concerned about.

my other 92 has very different decals but i think Orange changed them part way through years sometimes!!!

nporternz":1duj5te9 said:
Anthony":1duj5te9 said:

my other 92 has very different decals but i think Orange changed them part way through years sometimes!!!

you are right, they changed decal positioning alot BITD also.

Back