Post your retro raleigh pics...

greenfinger

Retro Guru
As the title says guy's let's see all those dyna-techs, m-trax etc.. It would be interesting to see how many we have on here.

Here's my m-trax, xt/lx bits and bobs, currently being used around the woods evenings/weekends and traveling to and from work inbetween. May try and make it a bit more special someday :)
2gt52it.jpg

Do 1940s Raleighs count? I have two of those...
IMG_0319.jpg

1949 Raleigh Clubman, 531 framed, suprisingly quick. Sturmey FM 4 speed hub, dynamo lighting front and rear. All other things being equal, this can easily see off most mountain bikes on a straight road and it's very comfortable.
IMG_0311.jpg

1948 Raleigh Superbe. Class. Feels very stately, and bombproof. Has dynamo lighting too, but this has a backup battery so it works when you stop (I thought Busch & Muller invented this in the 90s!). Every modern utility bike is at best a cheaper copy of this.
But I also have this:
file.jpg

I think it's an M Trax 1000, it's been repainted and will be built up as soon as I find some new forks for it.

Cool! :cool: Any raleigh's as long as they're retro. There have been threads for alot of the other bike marques but can't remember seing one for raleigh. Not the flashest of bike manufactureres but they had the abilities to make some bloody good bikes

Here's my Raleigh Torus XT titanium from i believe '98
---
The Headset,saddle,seatpost and forks arent period correct,but its mostly there
The CK/bonty wheelset are from '98 and i believe would have a place as an obvious upgrade.
I've since replaced the purple bar with a more fitting black kore one

And i love my torus :cool:

Come on you lot ,there more than 5 Raleigh/dynatechs/mtrax/spd opn this site
Get 'em posted,dont be shy, no one will laugh.
;)

velomaniac":7ft0jlhz said:
Ignore this message, having image posting bother and hit wrong key :oops:
I know you have the big brother of this one, The " Moonshine"
Full 531 frame, straight blade forks and Deore DX parts.
Drop me a line if you want to adopt the lil brother ;)

Attachments

• Fotobibliotheek - 0001.jpg
    Fotobibliotheek - 0001.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 2,085
  • Fotobibliotheek - 0002.jpg
    Fotobibliotheek - 0002.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 2,085
  • Fotobibliotheek - 0003.jpg
    Fotobibliotheek - 0003.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 2,085
  • Fotobibliotheek - 0004.jpg
    Fotobibliotheek - 0004.jpg