Got the MTB bug again

scooby_gav

Dirt Disciple
Joined at the weekend and just wanted to say what a great site this is. I've been out of the scene for 10 years after racing in '90-'95 and later in '98-'99. Sadly other things took over and I never found my way back until now.

Picked up a '96 Kona Hahanna frame and P2 forks earlier this week and started building it up tonight. It's gong to be a quick build with modern gear to get back out on the trails. But I'm already really excited at the tought of getting out again.

Amazed at how times have changed, looked at new bikes but those at the cheaper end all have nasty sit up riding positions with riser bars so thought I'd build something to get what I wanted. Just got to wait for all the parts to turn up now.

Will get the Kona built up which I'll use for commuting and easing my way back in again and then have a look around for something a bit more exotic - bikes that I could only drool over last time round seem very good value now! No doubt this site will give me plenty of inspiration, cheers guys :D

Welcome to the site Gav!!

Hope your garage is big and your wallet is bigger!! :LOL:

Welcome to the suck :cool:

Welcome to the site. I bought a 94 Lava Dome back in November for £100 as a cheap commuter, then stumbled upon this site....£400+ later and the only original part is the frame and forks, everything else is now bling! :) Enjoy!

Back