1994 Barracuda Team Only Frame! Bye Bye Concentration..

digitalkreation

Retro Guru
So I'm at the office and over comes our Shipping & Receiving clerk. He has a nice large package for me, which turns out to be the frame I've been anticipating for quite some time now..

You all know I'm a Barracuda fan, and this is the Cat's Pajamas. This is a custom built Team Only frame, I believe manufactured by Chris Herting of 3D Cycles. You see, The Pro riders didn't rate the Factory bikes too highly for racing. Very often the bikes disintegrated under such use, so the people at Cuda farmed out production of the Pro bikes.

This frames serial number is B1302. I date it between 1992 and 1994, because of the serial and the colour scheme. Also, this is a 19" frame and in 93, they had Greg Oravetz on contract, who is quite tall. - I'm still hunting down details.

Oh, and the best part? This bike was not used after it was fabricated and was sold when the company had their "Fire Sale" in 1995. It went for the bargain price of $50.00, and shows a 95% markdown. I was lucky to get the original sales reciept. The buyer never built up the bike (I believe he said he bought 5 that day) and it sat in his garage. He finally decided to sell and I found it on Craig's List.

Anyhow, I have no immediate plans to build it up, but will soon enough. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• 94TeamOnly05.jpg
    94TeamOnly05.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 984
  • 94TeamOnly04.jpg
    94TeamOnly04.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 984
  • 94TeamOnly03.jpg
    94TeamOnly03.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 985
  • 94TeamOnly02.jpg
    94TeamOnly02.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 985
Congrats, looks like a very interesting frame. any pics of a complete bike? Where you able to confirm the herting link?

It's going to sit as a frame only for a while, but attached below is a completed one of these (serial# 1309). I'm working on the lineage now, should have it all firmed up soon.

Attachments

• 94Cuda.jpg
    94Cuda.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 961
sweet fine! congrats! :cool:

but you need to balance your bike acquisitions with MORE RIDING!!! ;)

Latest posts

Back