COOLWALL: Are bar-ends cool?

Are bar-ends cool?

• Cool! I like putting my hands on them...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm caught in the middle. Used them- not used them- not bothered....

• Uncool! I don't need extensions to get me up dem hills...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Bar-ends!

Are they or are they not?

02-10-05_anodised_purple1.jpg

Lets find out!

:oops: I use on both - but I only have risers to get extra height in the front end. I've got long legs and so the seat post is so high the handlebars are too far away unless I get riser stem and riser bars, but I would never be without bar ends...

On flat bars, cool as long as they're nice ones & they're not sticking up vertically. On risers they are shocking!

Caught in the middle really!

Don't like curved ski type bar ends at all but I do like the cut and welded L-bends (Control Tech Team Issue, Specialized Dirt Rodz, X-Lite Alto & Onza CWA's)....first pair I ever owned were the Control Tech stubbies with the ODI Tomac grip kit, always wanted the L-Bends but couldn't justify buying new ones!

None of my bikes have them fitted but the Dave Yates I'm collecting Saturday has a pair that look like X-Lite Pro Stubbies.....

Stu

Cool? Useful...YES! I climb better with them and my hurting left wrist likes it when I rest my left hand there on occasion.

Thunderchild

a bar look quite bold to me without barends. And i rides good. So I will go for cool.
But are barends really retro?

Back