Polishing a Pace RC200 F3.

MrNero50

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Can anyone offer suggestions as to the best polish or similar to use, to polish/revitalise a Pace frame?

Thanks
Dave

I rarely bother with mine , normally just soapy water but if I want it gleaming then Solvol Autosol is great but I guess eventually it will go through the ano (my F6 is gunmetal ano).

There's probably a good trick with 00 Wire Wool if yours is bare alu but I'm not sure of the method...

Neill

MrNero50":qhomxzcg said:
Yeah, should have mentioned its a bare alu one!

It'll be silver anodised rather than bare alu so don't use wire wool or harsh abrasives. All Pace were anodised except the RC100, even the silver ones.

pete_mcc":1kaczcuy said:
It'll be silver anodised rather than bare alu so don't use wire wool or harsh abrasives. All Pace were anodised except the RC100, even the silver ones.

Thanks for the info.

Guess there'll be no substitute for good old fashioned elbow grease!

Yeah, if it's anodised and the anodising is still in good condition soap and water and car wax or a bike specific polish is all you can use.

You can get an alloy frame shining like a mirror but the anodising needs to come off, not an easy or quick task but has been documented on here, major disadvantage with that is the alloy is then unprotected so marks easily (even fingerprints) so needs to be re polished with metal polish to keep it looking good.

Do not use abrasive materials on anodizing (including silver). Here is a thread on polishing from a vintage bmx forum. It explains abrasive and non-abrasive polishing and is excellent. I recommend taking the time to read all the tutorial parts.

Good luck.

Dr.Robotnik":3c5k2r5s said:
Do not use abrasive materials on anodizing (including silver). Here is a thread on polishing from a vintage bmx forum. It explains abrasive and non-abrasive polishing and is excellent. I recommend taking the time to read all the tutorial parts.

Good luck.

Is there a link? :?

Latest posts

Back