Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of the above

• None of the above

• Total voters

FST4RD

Senior Retro Guru
Don't get me wrong I love retro bokes, infact all I own is pre 2000 bikes (except the roadie, love it to much), but why do people ride retro?
I ride them cause they feel better then new bikes, I've had my fair share of newer bikes like a Mongoose Teocali Super, GT Moto, Treks etc... and always go back to the oldies.
People must have their own reasons though...

Oh and whizzing through the forest on my old bike takes me back about 15 years :oops: :LOL:

You missed out "I just like bikes & don't care if they're retro or not" ;)

Although the none of the above box does cover that...

...*ticks none of the above*

For me it's the feel of retro mtb's. And like you say it does take you back. I was obsessed with riding when I was younger and had some fantastic times. I think riding similar bikes like I did back then kinda brings these feeling back for me and lets me just enjoy being a daft bugger on the bike and not thinking about work/mortgage etc

Cost is another thing for me as wife, mortgage, car etc all come first, so my bike's aren't the flashiest or most top dollar but they work and for their age, perform well. I have fun and it's all good :cool:

I never even knew I was retro until I went to buy some spares and the shop people laughed at me. My bikes were the ones I had raced and abused for so many years. They worked fine and I had no wish to replace them. Glad one of the shop assistants pointed me here.

Yeah early in the morning here and brain's not 100%, i see once someone has voted you can't change the Poll....

Few different reasons out there though!

Hey mods... if your able to add poll questions feel free to.. I feel I missed a couple.

You also missed out "cause i'm able to buy the bike i could'nt afford BITD", back then i wanted a Manitou FS but £3500 - £4000 was out of reach, built one over christmas for a fraction of that, ok it's a bit scratched and dented but hey it's a Manitou FS :LOL:

Retro is also a kind of lifestyle for me, living in the past with everything really, into old cars, music etc not just older bikes (even bashed up my Strat to make it look old :) ).

Everything after 2000 is crap :LOL:

I like to be different, I live nearish to Glentress/Innerleithen and thus I do battle with the modern purpose built trails, but I do not ride a modern bike and can still ride the trails that most riders consider full sus only. :D

I thus feel good about myself and the skills I learned back in the day.

Nothing wrong with new bikes, but I want to keep challenging myself to ride retro. When I do get a new bike it will mark a milestone in my life, possibly a definite end to my youth, I must hold on to the past a bit longer ;)

Back