Ano is back for sure...

Oooo, nice colours, but no purple please, I hated it BITD, and am still not too keen on it. My cycle had purple anodised parts, not any more, they went in the drain cleaner.

Anodising though, not only is it an attractive surface finish, but it is also a hard, scratch and corrosion resistant coating, and simple to apply. The hard work in the process, is the preparation, the part must be basically finished, clean and highly polished before it goes in the anode soup. A highly polished part throws the colour out far better than just an anodised part.

There were two kids riding BMXs through Reading the other day. I'm not really interested in BMX, but the bikes looked good with their anodised purple rims.
I had an anodised red Ridgeback once. It looked really nice, much more expensive than it really was, but I never got on with it.

just bear in mind that anodising, just like paint is an 'active' finish. It is ALWAYS reacting to UV light, no matter how slowly. The colour will change or fade.

Blah blah blah blah :roll:

;)

Sweet, I for one hope it makes a come back (followed by yellow/red powercoating perhaps :LOL: )

But I think some of the magic has been lost. BITD the anodised parts we all lusted after were boutique CNC parts made with love (rather than strength) by guys with beards.

Now it seems more of a corporate marketing game... :roll:

I've tended to steer clear of colourful builds but I'm working on a bike at the moment with both ano blue and purple... I love it! :)

Bring back colours!

Back