IRC Missile TYres

nporternz

Gold Trader
Marin Fan
Feedback
View
just got a bargain set of IRC Missiles - I like the amber sidewalls but has anyone had any experience with them???

Classic dh tyres, pretty good on everything except green rocks and wet roots (but what tyre is good on green rocks and wet roots?). Fairly puncture proof and a bit weighty, but they are dh tyres afterall.

As said, they're brilliant tyres. I've been using the same pair on my Chameleon in everything but heavy mud for nearly 10 years.
(Touching wood) never had a puncture, pinch flatted, or destroyed one on rocks.

You may find they'll clog up a bit in sticky mud, which is the issue I had as the clearances aren't great on the early Chameleons.

Can't recommend them enough, bit like a larger, heavier version of the 2.1 Fire XCPro.

Andy

on the other hand I can't recommend not using them strongly enough!
Used to race on them, were great for one race and thats it!, as soon as they loose the sharp edges they're pants! - for NZ conditions anyway

Wildgrippers are ace or On the Rocks ll
or Transalps....

Are the ones you got Amber wall or teracotta?
You need black walls for that bike! sorry I know how much you dislike them

And for the record Kujos are even worse!

wildgrippers?!?!?!? wildslippers more like

never rated hutchisons either - any of them!!

i dont think blackwalls will look right on that bike

Kujos are fabulous, just a bit heavy. But you can run silly low pressures and not worry about it. Wildgripper DHs were better than standard Wildgrippers, but they weren't as good as the IRC (Missile, Kujo and Trailbear - grrrrrreat!).

XCDave":36hgk8yo said:
Classic dh tyres, pretty good on everything except green rocks and wet roots (but what tyre is good on green rocks and wet roots?). Fairly puncture proof and a bit weighty, but they are dh tyres afterall.

Studded tyres work on wet roots and green moss covered rocks :D
But they're about £55 each :shock:

Back