Low stack height headsets

Russell

Old School Grand Master
Anyone know what the lowest stack height headset you can get for 1 1/8" threaded systems is?

I have a pair of forks with a short steerer and need either a longer steerer or a shorter headset, whichever I can get soonest :)

Headset

I was looking for one recently as I had the same problem. I found the Ritchey WCS was around the shortest at 23mm. A few of the older ones are close but you just cant find them.
Jamie

Russell":2i8iaktw said:
Anyone know what the lowest stack height headset you can get for 1 1/8" threaded systems is?

I have a pair of forks with a short steerer and need either a longer steerer or a shorter headset, whichever I can get soonest :)

What do you have at the moment, I may have an unused top part of a ritchey headset these are one of the lowest.

Oddly Mavics (316 you'll need) can be 'low' as you only need to thread into the threaded part, so the clamping section (screw) can do it's job, the rest does not need to be there.
But overall height id higher so you'll need a good length of quill (syncros and my ibeam worked fine for me).

Thanks everyone. I have been looking for a Mavic 316 for exactly that reason. As usual, I had one a while ago but wasn't using it so got rid of it... Serves me right.

Oddysey Pro does look low, might hold out for a 316 though, would suit the build better.

for threaded 1" headsets the shimano dura-ace HP7600 has the lowest stack height of 30mm.
for threaded 1 1/8" headsets the ritchey logic has the lowest stack height of 33mm.
onza headsets have a large stack height because they use roller bearings.

Latest posts

Back