Green, sodding green, why so hard to find?

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Why are green components so bloody hard to find? All I'm after is a 1 1/8 Chris King and a 27.0 Ringle Moby, so far, zilch, nothing, nada......meh, meh, and triple MEH!!!

Failing this I'll be on the look out for 3DV instead!

You have stumbled upon the secret of retrobike :shock:

Never there when you want it. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

But if you sell the few ano bits you have and change colours,then those colours become rare and the stuff you were originally after, starts turning up everywhere.

'Tis the nature of the universe :D

---------------------------------
I'll keep my eyes open for you ;)

I remember a thread that someone started, asking where is all the purple anodized stuff? And then purple started appearing everywhere. purple bits a plenty.

There was a green 27.0 moby post in the last couple months on ebay. I bid to $85 but it sold for $113.
I just bought this kit tonight on ebay.

248240813_tp.jpg

Not that I know much about anodising, but I heard that green is one of the harder colours to produce, or at least get uniform in hue across several batches.

My experience in green ano (and I do have some, but not of the sort you need) is that a lot of it is very murky green and little is bright.

Definitely a variance of shades, went through 3 packs of nipples to get the right one :eek:

It sold in far lower nos than 3dv, red and blue. Yes it's harder to get consistent.

Currently getting to the point of considering reanodizing a zooka or a machine tech. Unless someone has a 27.2 moby or a shimmable USE.?

faced the same dilemma, twas annoying, I found some NOS RF bars, some nice Salsa skewers and some RF turbine cranks all in green (although, not all the same shade!) over a 6 month period. I unfortunately now need to get rid of it though.

You think greens annoying, try finding decent MTB components in Neon orange :?

Back