USE seatposts

mtbfix

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
As I am too tight to pay the premium to put a Syncros Ti. back on my 96 Dekerf project would I be wandering into dodgy territory to put a USE Alien Ti. on there? Who knows the provenence of these posts? Other thought was that the Thomson Masterpiece is a valid succesor to the Syncros design but this is way off the mark, age-wise.

Thoughts appreciated.

Whats wrong with a polished ali syncros post? Heard a few stories about the alien clamp, some claim its down to setup others claim its a bad design. Also isn't the masterpiece is going to set you back more that the syncros Ti...?

This may be cotton wool stuff but I have vague concerns about using 10 years old ally conponents that I don't know the history of. Snapping seatposts are never pretty! Clamp faults I am aware of and giving due consideration to, hence the Thomson thought. Price is bearable as I buy at trade.

I reckon the style and design of the thomson stuff is pretty sympathetic to retro projects, theres quite a few used on the site. :cool:

Thomson seatpost was introduced in 96/97 if not before so go for a standard Elite. That's what's on my Park Pre.

I've popped a Masterpiece to one side for now. Supplier is without the inline 27.2 in any useful length in the Elite format :( Not sure whetherb the 330 I have here is going to be long enough but the existing black setback I am using is an abhoration in terms of the look of the thing.

kaiser":1fnvd4wr said:
I reckon the style and design of the thomson stuff is pretty sympathetic to retro projects, theres quite a few used on the site. :cool:

Tend to agree with that, look good in a half decent retro project

Back