Retro Gold? Maybe.

mikefoster

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A friend of mine owns a small bike shop near me had has done for the last 15 years plus. It's a good little shop that does well. Over the years him and his dad have picked up loads of second hand stuff. Most of which is in a lock up that I have only heard about. Today I got the chance to have a quick look for 20mins of so.
Just thought i'd post some picks of the amount of stuff to check over and see if there is the next B.O.T.M lurking under the piles of wheels and tyres. I'll help sort the place out at some point and let you know what I find.
I did find a machine tech hub on a mavic rim though. Missing one bearing cover. If you have one of these spare let me know.

Attachments

• Macwheel.JPG
    Macwheel.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 1,141
  • stuf2.JPG
    stuf2.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,141
  • stuf1.JPG
    stuf1.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,141
  • stuf 3.JPG
    stuf 3.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,141
wonder if there's a competition for "Pile-of-bikes-of-the-month" ;)

looks as though you should find some nice stuff in there if the wheel is anything to go by!

You never know what might be lurking under a pile thats been there for 10 years or so. Never been to a police compound. They all look like this?
Will post some more pics when i get chance to have a look again.

kanerdog1x1":2r6nsv75 said:
WTF! looks like a police compound.

:shock: agreed!

that looks EERILY like the incident here in Toronto of the bike shop owner who was responsible for stolen bikes for years and had hordes of stuff stock piled in several warehouses around town.

Even if you sold every bike for an average of £10 ya'd be doing ok, so long as they were sold as seen of course! what a stash!

Back