Using an F tyre on the R - wrong?

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Oh course it shows jolly bad taste and marks one down as a declasse rotter, but is there anything wrong with using a front "specific" tyre on the rear? Perhaps just reverse the direction?

I'm of course asking for a 'friend', I'm sure you understand.

I've never been convinced with a strongly V'd tyre or one with a lengthwise tread (like a Dart) but I'm going to give it a go with a Kona one soon...mainly due to a huge stock of fronts and few rears.

Of course there is the risk of getting blackballed :D

The tread blocks run the wrong way on the Dart, which is why it was useless. My Kona Enter looks quite like a Panaracer Smoke with crosswise blocks, so should work.

The Secret Compatibility Police shall hear nothing from me... Scant is right about Darts on the back though.

Depends on the tire. the dart/smoke would most certainly be a set. But other tires?? try and report back :xmas-big-grin:

I used a 2.1 front Velociraptor on the back, the wrong way round, for ages. It was awesome, don't know why. Even in the gloop-fest of Gisburn Forest in late Feb.

On the breezers, SMOKE was on the rear , DART in the front, dunno if Smoke was only to be used on rear :cry:

Back