Orange Clockwork respray

philleeds

Old School Hero
Hi all,

I've just had a respray carried out by a local company on my 1991 Orange Clockwork. Although they have done a superb job on the spraying of it they've not used the correct Orange :x .
Does anyone know where to source the correct paint from? Or know of a company that is more knowledgeable about respraying bikes and there colour schemes?

Cheers,

Phil

Mine is a 1992 Clockwork and is powder-coated in RAL2008 Fluorescent Orange with a wet paint fade of Pearlescent White.
Mine was powdercoated by Hutchcoat just outside of York.
The clockwork frames were painted in Taiwan, so there is no direct colour match with standard colours over here.
Bob Jackson's in Leeds re-sprayed all of the 200 2008 Clockworks, but that paint has a reputation for being fragile, which is why mine was powdercoated.
If you have a look through the "Show Us Your Citrus Fruit" thread - probably about 2 pages back you will see lots of Clockworks with different versions of essentially the same paint job.

Hope this helps.

Roger

Here is a pic of my resprayed 91 Orange Clockwork. Let me know what ya all think.

Attachments

• Orange Clockwork.jpg
    Orange Clockwork.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 3,846
TBH the colurs that orange used varied form almost pink right through to a eye searing flourescent tango.

The 'depth' of the colour changed too, sometimes fading out near the middle of the tubes and sometimes nearer the ends like yours.

The bike looks right enough to me. I would be inclined to keep it as it is if the finish is quality.

Remeber that the appeal of Orange bikes is their individulity and almost 'handbuilt' variation in spec from month to month let alone year on year. You find me 2 1991 - 1993 orange to white fabe bikes the same colours and spray pattern and I'll buy you an easter egg of your choice! ;)

thats ok

That respray looks good :D

Slap some repro decals on it, build it all up & ride buddy.

Thanks for all your comments. I'll leave it and build it then. Just trying to get a Deore DX groupset. I've already placed an order with gil_m for the decals.
I'll keep you all updated and post more pics in the future as it progresses. Cheers, Phil.

looks great, don't know how I missed this thread :cool: Will watch with interest- great paint job- what colours did you use- halfords?

Back