why no love for the wildgripper?

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Something that surprises me on here is the lack of love for the green Wildgrippers? To me they were a icon of the mid-90`s cross country racing and pretty damn grippy but you just dont see them on any bikes on here?

:D

Wildslipper more like.

bloody lethal in the wet. Or the ones I had were. Admittedly good in the dry.

:LOL:

agree though, they do look quite good against a black rim. ANd generally i don't like coloured tyres.

Bloody hopeless at the merest sign of wet weather, as Gus said. My mate used to use them- at least he had an excuse for falling off so much! :LOL:

A most unfortunate name for these lethal things.
Although someone I knew swore by the amber ones for riding in the mud

Not convinced myself though

Lightweights

Fair weather tyre - good for a sunny lap of Mayhem (should there ever be one...) - orange ones look good with sunset rims....

Mr K

Just bought a pair of amberwalls for my Manitou but i'm going by the theory that i'll be wanting to use the bike in the dry weather anyway :)

Used them for years, green, orange and biscuit....crashed quite a lot, so I swopped them for Porcs.....still crash quite a bit :roll: :? :LOL:

Had a set when they first came out, they were with out doubt the worst tyre i ever rode, actually that's not fair, the back was OKish, the front just felt like it was falling over everytime you turned the bars, i did a total of 30 miles on them and promtly sold them on.

Back