Help me decide what to do with my forks!

D_XZ

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Ok..I have a mint condition Manitou 3 and a decent-but-used looking Manitou comp with screwed elastomers.

My frame is a Nickel P7 with the flourescent orange stickers that clash with just about any other colour. Another thing is that I might be taking the bike out to Brazil later in the year and don't want it to look too nickable (the Manitou 3's really do look brand new and thieves might not be clued up)

What I'm thinking of doing for the sake of aesthetics and a low profile is fit the 3's internals to the comps legs to make them fit the bike better but keep the 3's performance.
Is it total sacrilege to give the forks such surgery? What would you guys do?

And don't say buy Pace - these are the forks I have and I'm sticking with them - rule or no rule! ha!

Pics to help choose:

Attachments

• p7 10.JPG
    p7 10.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 689
perry":2fykm4ek said:
sounds like a lot of effort id get some rigid

I have the original rigids which go on for commuting/cinder track rides! I'm too soft to use them for much more than that.

lumos2000":13xxo110 said:
where in brazil are you going?

Sao Jose dos Campos, south east Brazil about 40 minutes from Sao Paulo. May well spend some time in Campos Jordao where the scene looks like this when I was there last winter (hence why I want to take a bike next time) :

Attachments

• jordao.JPG
    jordao.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 632
i would save the hassle and just fit the 3's.

when it comes to theiving sods i don't think they are more or less likely to nick the bike based on the forks.

the silver fork might suit it better colour wise though but i'd still fit the 3's, you could always get gill m to make you a set of orange stickers in black, that bike had both options iirc and would look fine with the 3 forks.

nice looking bike though :D

D_XZ":4dzb3lfn said:
lumos2000":4dzb3lfn said:
where in brazil are you going?

Sao Jose dos Campos, south east Brazil about 40 minutes from Sao Paulo. May well spend some time in Campos Jordao where the scene looks like this when I was there last winter (hence why I want to take a bike next time) :

nice places, i spent 5 years traveling in brazil used to live in paraty. passed through campos jordon looks nice. :D

Latest posts

Back