1999 Kona Explosif 853 Rear Disc Adaptor

ratbane

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm looking to put a Shimano XT rear disc on my Kona.

Does anyone know what frame adaptor I could use to get a rear disc on my bike?

Cheers

Hey this is Retrobike! What's wrong with cantis?

Have you tried asking tech@konaworld.com ? Be forewarned though that Tech sometimes lapses from his usual laid-back/laconic into a wierd kind of safety-consciousness, where he might just tell you that it would void your warranty, but .... and then advise you what to do.

Actually you could do a search on konaworld.com forum and you may find somebody has asked the question before.

If the dropout allows you may be able to use the A2Z type.

adap10.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A2Z-Mountain-Bike ... m153.l1262

But whats wrong with V's???

Well set up V's (or canti's) are a match for any disk most of the time, and cheap or old disks can be worse.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The A2Z one should work, but isnt an ideal situation - have a look at the Hahanna link in my sig for close up pics of my A2Z adapter in use.

I agree though that getting one welded on is the best solution and what I intend to do when I respray my frame.

bkt":u6t5rbjo said:
letmetalktomark":u6t5rbjo said:
Get one added ;)

P1010004.jpg

that is one smooth job, almost looks o.e. :cool:

That looks good. Who did it, and how much?

I've got XTR Vs on the back end. I know that's how it should be, but I ride in a lot of mud, and I'm fed up of shredding Mavic rims.

Argos Cycles in Bristol did the work for me. Top chaps. I had the disc tab added (inc brace), canti studs removed, hydro hose clips added then resprayed and re decaled.

There are more pics from the link in my signature :D

Back