1990 Moots

FirstFlight

Senior Retro Guru
The Moots frames always have a lot of interesting details, some obvious but other not so obvious. The detailed lug work is subtle around the seat lug area but not so subtle when painted pink with an eye and tongue added. The stays have a very subtle radius that is supposed to absorb some vibration. The ovalized stem matches the ovalized chain stay bridge. The rear brake is on a Moots mount which allows you to change the position of the brake mounts so you can run different brakes or different sized wheels.

Moots90Side.JPG

Moots90UBrake.JPG

Moots90Lug.JPG

Moots90Post%27.JPG

yowzers! I love those shark bike lugs, and the ones Ive seen have also had those super paintjobs.

Good score Jeff.

Not that everything on a Moots necesarilly has to have a function, but what's the sphere for under the rear brake mount ?

That's a lovely looking bike. I love the detailing.

Crell":37pi1enc said:
Not that everything on a Moots necesarilly has to have a function, but what's the sphere for under the rear brake mount?

Most likely the anchor for the end of the frame-fit pump.

This bike dates to Kent Erickson's ownership of Moots, which he sold a few years back. Kent had more imagination than any three other builders.

Yep, CK is right (as usual). A frame fit pump will fit between the "ball" and the chain stay bridge.

The details are really nice on this bike. I would love to find a couple more early Moots bikes.

I came late in life to Moots, but when you have an affinity with a brand it's funny how things you wouldn't normally like strike a chord.

That's a cracker, FirstFlight (again).

Attention to detail is what keeps the craftsman up at night, and it looks like someone has had a lot fun putting that together.

Back