marin team issue..help needed!

marc two tone

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
:? dear all,i have a marin team issue that ive built from a bare frame.although restoration was my main goal i found getting the right parts at the right price difficult so ive installed some modern, yet lightweight stuff to keep it as hi-tech as it was originally intended without losing my house!
it is apparently an aluminium series from at a guess early nineties as it came with a square taper bb and xt front mech from the older times.
i invite you all to check my gallery photos under marc two tone and provide me with any feedback regarding...age..original spec..price...weight..etc.
ive never seen another one,even in the catalogues posted.
any info is greatfully received.
thanks..marc..uk

you sure its a team? some of the decals seem around the '92-'93 and the team marins and team issue bikes of that era were definitely steel. certainly right up to '95. i've never seen an aluminium team. you sure its not an indian fire trail or a nail trail. what is the serial number? there was a thread on here somewhere regarding marin serial numbers

:eek: Thanks for the early replies! im ultra confused,il post the serial number shortly,the frame style points toward an indian fire trail,due to chunky down tube and xt mech. however i cant find any marin model with this style of decal plus,there is a decal where INDIAN FIRE TRAIL would be placed.
keep your opinions coming!! this ones got me.
could it be a marin after all?
ive been a mtb rider and marin enthusiast since 93' or so and my instinct says it is kosher,plus the whole bike and decal has even wear and tear suggesting that an imposter is unlikely.
it has mainly deore ,and lx gear with cro-mo forks from a 90 pine mountain which i resprayed.giving a 27lb bike.
should it turn out to be something other then a team issue i will correct user info!
last question...did marin produce an indian fire trail for team use in competition?
thanks.

marc two tone":1pm03hz3 said:
:eek: Thanks for the early replies! im ultra confused,il post the serial number shortly,the frame style points toward an indian fire trail,due to chunky down tube and xt mech. however i cant find any marin model with this style of decal plus,there is a decal where INDIAN FIRE TRAIL would be placed.
keep your opinions coming!! this ones got me.
could it be a marin after all?
ive been a mtb rider and marin enthusiast since 93' or so and my instinct says it is kosher,plus the whole bike and decal has even wear and tear suggesting that an imposter is unlikely.
it has mainly deore ,and lx gear with cro-mo forks from a 90 pine mountain which i resprayed.giving a 27lb bike.
should it turn out to be something other then a team issue i will correct user info!
last question...did marin produce an indian fire trail for team use in competition?
thanks.
i'm sorry to say that your frame is 99% not a marin frame. at least the early 90ees marins never had top tube cable guides. the decals are not original too. have a look at the marin catalogues in the archive.

Steel Marins have "marin" stamped in the drop outs not sure about aluminium ones. But yeah, check the archives and be prepared to consider it isnt a marin at all.

:( MARIN TEAM ISSUE? cant thank you enough,id would have gone many years believing im on a classic marin.
PROOF that this forum is worth its weight in gold!
thanks.

spoof team issue

:? the only code i can find is underneath bb. it reads..K4061019.
If anybody recognises this code from any manufacturer please get intouch.
im as curious as hell to determine the actual manufacturer.
thankyou all.

Back